Sunday 1 February 2015

Bullet Points of Things

  • Almost nine whole months of not drinking alcohol, including being designated driver during a tour of French wineries and forgoing the obligatory G&Ts on the beach in Maine, and this last month has been by far the hardest. Winter needs warming up and Mulled Wine is the perfect way to do this. Hot Chocolate certainly has it's place and has been used as a substitute with no regard to calories, but it's not the same as Mulled Wine unless spiked with baileys. Christmas parties, family gatherings, new years celebrations...all are made exponentially easier by alcohol. If my son ever questions my love and commitment to him, I shall point to the winter of 2014/15 as Ultimate Proof. 

  • I've got to a point with all the pregnancy questions and baby care advice that I can no longer hear anything anyone says. It just comes out as a deafening hush of white noise while I smile and nod automatically. I've seriously considered wearing a sign around my neck that reads "February 7th. Tired but fine. Boy. Very excited. Not telling you the name." I'm such an asshole. 

  • I think we have the name but Jeremy won't commit to saying it's definitely the name even though there are no other options in sight and it took us a billion years to come up with this one. It's kind of unusual and we found it not in a baby book but on a park bench (as an inscription, not random graffiti). It's not Trucker. 

  • We have an ultrasound next week where they may or may not decide if I need to have a C-Section or not (low placenta that goes around the back and is sneaky and hard to determine if it's where it needs to be or not). Most of me wants it all to be natural and not to be immobilized and cut open (although if I have to be cut open, being immobilized sounds good) but the control freak in me would LOVE to have a date and time all of this is going down. Also it'd make booking my parents' flights over from the UK a heck of a lot simpler. 

  • We've been canning soups and stews in preparation for easy healthy meals once Alan arrives. This level of organization is not reflected anywhere else in our lives and probably says a lot about where our priorities lie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment